I love a big bowl of pasta, when I was trying to eat a paleo diet it was pasta that I missed the most.
These days I don’t cut out any food groups however I do try to choose healthier grains like brown rice pasta or buckwheat pasta. I actually prefer the taste of these to normal pasta and they’re becoming more common in local supermarkets.
Obviously this recipe works with whatever takes your fancy. Proper comfort food with a fancy feel.
Tuna and Capers Tomato Pasta
- 1/2 Tin Passata or Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 100g Pasta
- A handful of baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 1/2 Tin Tuna
- Nutritional Yeast or Parmesan for serving
- Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil over a medium heat.
- When the onion has softened add the tinned tomatoes and basil, heat through and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained turn off the heat and put it back in the saucepan. Add your tomato basil sauce with a big handful of spinach and stir gently to let it wilt.
- Sprinkle over your capers and chunks of tuna then serve with nutritional yeast or parmesan if you like.
If you fancy giving this a go or have your own favourite pasta recipe comment down below, I’d love to hear from you.